Will Congress take tainted MLAs with it, asks JD(U)
Ranchi: Any alternative government in Jharkhand is difficult without taking the support of one or the other tainted MLAs, Janata Dal (U) said on Tuesday.
Pointing out that Independent MLA Harinarain Rai and Jharkhand Party legislator Enos Ekka had recently obtained bail from the Supreme Court after they were arrested in August 2009 for corruption charges, JD(U)?s Jharkhand unit spokesman Pramod Mishra said Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey faced vigilance probe as well.
With JMM (18), Congress (13) and RJD (5) together adding up to just 36, he said for any new alliance it would require 41 members for a simple majority in the effective strength of 81-member House.
Besides Rai, Ekka and Tirkey, former chief minister Madhu Koda?s wife, Geeta Koda, representing their Jai Bharat Samanta Party, was sitting in the opposition ranks, he said.
Independent MLAs Chamra Linda and Bidesh Singh were with the government till JMM withdrew support to Arjun Munda government and the Munda cabinet recommending dissolution of the House during the day and have not yet spelt out their stand.
The lone Marxist Coordination Committee MLA Arup Chatterjee has remained non-committal.
?Congress had once burnt its fingers when it extended support from outside to Madhu Koda government for 23 months when Rai, Ekka and Tirkey were part of that government. Will it commit the same mistake again?? asked Mishra.
Supporting his leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar?s suggestion yesterday that every assembly should have at least 150 seats before a new state is created, Mishra said. Jharkhand Assembly has twice passed resolution to increase the number of seats of the state assembly and it should be considered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof