Will decide on my continuance: Jharkhand Speaker
Ranchi: With a change of guard in the state, Speaker of Jharkhand Assembly C P Singh on Saturday said he would take a decision at an appropriate time on whether to continue in the post.
The Speaker was elected from Ranchi Assembly seat on a BJP ticket in 2009.
"I`ll take the decision at the appropriate time," Singh said when asked whether he would continue in the post.
Asked to throw light on the rules, he shot back "how can I say"?
Jharkhand got its ninth government on Saturday morning and going by the conventions, Speakers resign before or soon after formation of a new government.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren evaded a query on whether he expected the resignation of the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok