Will decide on my continuance: Jharkhand Speaker
Ranchi: With a change of guard in the state, Speaker of Jharkhand Assembly C P Singh on Saturday said he would take a decision at an appropriate time on whether to continue in the post.
The Speaker was elected from Ranchi Assembly seat on a BJP ticket in 2009.
"I`ll take the decision at the appropriate time," Singh said when asked whether he would continue in the post.
Asked to throw light on the rules, he shot back "how can I say"?
Jharkhand got its ninth government on Saturday morning and going by the conventions, Speakers resign before or soon after formation of a new government.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren evaded a query on whether he expected the resignation of the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan