Will not allow BJP to open account in Jharkhand: Dadai Dubey
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Labour minister Chandrasekhar Dubey alias Dadai today said BJP would not be allowed to open its account in Jharkhand in the next general elections.
Dubey, the Congress legislator from Bishrampur constituency, who was in the steel city to inspect the LD gas holder explosion inside Tata Steel factory here on November 14 which left one dead and ten injured, said the party would not allow BJP to open its account in the state in the elections.
Talking to reporters, the minister negated claims that a Modi-wave was sweeping across the country. "There is no wave. In fact, he (Narendra Modi) has failed to impress people wherever he went," Dubey said. BJP wanted to come to power by fomenting religious sentiments, while Congress would take along all sections of the society.
The minister also rejected the view that regional parties could do any good and said, "I do not think Babulal Marandi-led Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM) can form a government on its own in Jharkhand."
Referring to the explosion inside the Tata Steel works, the minister said negligency on part of the company as well as inadequate safety measures seemed to be the reason behind the incident.
"In majority of such incidents, we have observed negligency and failure of following proper safety measures," he said assuring no one would be spared if found guilty.
Earlier, Jharkhand Labour Commissioner Puja Singhal, who had visited the explosion site in the Tata Steel works a day after the incident, had denied any negligency on the part of the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!