Will try to restore night running of trains: Sahay
Jamshedpur: Union Tourism Minister Subodh
Kant Sahay Tuesday said he will make all possible efforts to
restore running of trains during night between Kharagpur-
The railways have suspended running of trains during
night (between 11pm to 5am) for over a year between Kharagpur-
Tatanagar-Rourkela since the Jnaneswari express mishap on May
28 last year.
Addressing a press conference here, Sahay, who was in the
steel city to campaign in favour of Congress candidate Banna
Gupta, for the July 1 Jamshedpur parliamentary by-election,
said it was really unfortunate that movement of trains has
remained suspended for over a year.
The Union Tourism minister said it was the responsibility
of the state government to ensure security of passengers.
Sahay assured he would take up the running of night
trains at the highest level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!