Will try to restore night running of trains: Sahay
Jamshedpur: Union Tourism Minister Subodh
Kant Sahay Tuesday said he will make all possible efforts to
restore running of trains during night between Kharagpur-
The railways have suspended running of trains during
night (between 11pm to 5am) for over a year between Kharagpur-
Tatanagar-Rourkela since the Jnaneswari express mishap on May
28 last year.
Addressing a press conference here, Sahay, who was in the
steel city to campaign in favour of Congress candidate Banna
Gupta, for the July 1 Jamshedpur parliamentary by-election,
said it was really unfortunate that movement of trains has
remained suspended for over a year.
The Union Tourism minister said it was the responsibility
of the state government to ensure security of passengers.
Sahay assured he would take up the running of night
trains at the highest level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America