Will try to restore night running of trains: Sahay
Jamshedpur: Union Tourism Minister Subodh
Kant Sahay Tuesday said he will make all possible efforts to
restore running of trains during night between Kharagpur-
The railways have suspended running of trains during
night (between 11pm to 5am) for over a year between Kharagpur-
Tatanagar-Rourkela since the Jnaneswari express mishap on May
28 last year.
Addressing a press conference here, Sahay, who was in the
steel city to campaign in favour of Congress candidate Banna
Gupta, for the July 1 Jamshedpur parliamentary by-election,
said it was really unfortunate that movement of trains has
remained suspended for over a year.
The Union Tourism minister said it was the responsibility
of the state government to ensure security of passengers.
Sahay assured he would take up the running of night
trains at the highest level.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory