Will try to restore night running of trains: Sahay
Jamshedpur: Union Tourism Minister Subodh
Kant Sahay Tuesday said he will make all possible efforts to
restore running of trains during night between Kharagpur-
The railways have suspended running of trains during
night (between 11pm to 5am) for over a year between Kharagpur-
Tatanagar-Rourkela since the Jnaneswari express mishap on May
28 last year.
Addressing a press conference here, Sahay, who was in the
steel city to campaign in favour of Congress candidate Banna
Gupta, for the July 1 Jamshedpur parliamentary by-election,
said it was really unfortunate that movement of trains has
remained suspended for over a year.
The Union Tourism minister said it was the responsibility
of the state government to ensure security of passengers.
Sahay assured he would take up the running of night
trains at the highest level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical