Win and loss happen: Lalu Prasad Yadav on Congress
Ranchi: Badly defeated in the recent Assembly elections in four states and in Delhi, the Congress today got some solace in RJD chief Lalu Prasad, when he said "win and loss do happen".
"Win and loss happen like good and bad days," 65-year-old Yadav said when asked to comment on Congress` drubbing in the recent Assembly elections.
He claimed misleading promises had led to the chaotic situation in Delhi where government formation has become difficult.
Yadav, who said he would go around the country uniting secular forces, did not commit when asked whether he would back Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi as the prime ministerial candidate.
"I will tell about the remaining political issues in Patna," the former Bihar Chief Minister added.
Lalu was released from the Birsa Munda Central Jail during the day and is expected to reach Patna tomorrow after being behind bars for two-and-a-half-months following his five-year prison term in a fodder scam case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'