With fractured hand, Koda continues protests
Ranchi: Jailed former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda Tuesday continued protesting the poor quality of food served to prisoners even as his fractured hand was plastered.
"After X ray, a fracture was found in Madhu`s right hand. We have plastered it," said Tulsi Mahto, director of the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, where Koda was admitted after he sustained injuries Monday during police action inside the jail. Police use batons to disperse inmates when Koda led protest, demanding good food for the inmates.
According to a doctor, Madhu Koda is not taking food even in Ranchi jail.
"Poor food is supplied in the jail. I went to general ward to inspect the food and sat on demonstration to protest. I sought good food and my hand was broken by policemen," Koda told reporters.
Seeking a judicial probe into the incident, Koda said he would complain to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar.
Legislator Geeta Koda, Madhu Koda`s wife, lodged a complaint against the jail administration late Monday.
"Those who hatched the conspiracy against my husband to send him to jail seem to have also hatched the conspiracy to beat him inside," Geeta said.
Jail administration and Ranchi district administration have, however, said that Madhu sustained injuries in clashes with the prisoners.
Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren Monday met Madhu Koda.
Former chief minister and president of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik Babulal Marandi said: "We seek judicial probe of the incident. The incident reminds of the gooda raj shown in the movies."
Koda has been in jail since November 2009 in a Rs.4,000 crore money laundering scam. He and four former ministers are kept in a VIP cell of the jail.
Madhu Koda is at present a Lok Sabha member from Singhbhum and he was the chief minister between September 2006 and August 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...