Woman alleges miscarriage after being beaten up by MLA
Giridih (Jharkhand): A pregnant woman on Friday lodged a complaint with the police alleging that she suffered a miscarriage after being beaten by a legislator in Jharkhand.
Tara Devi, who was three months pregnant, was allegedly beaten up by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) legislator Chandrika Mahta at her Khajatola village home in Giridih district two days ago over a land dispute.
The woman suffered a miscarriage following the incident, the FIR lodged by the woman said.
Superintendent of Police A B Homkar said an FIR has been lodged against Mahta in this regard.
Peeved at not finding her husband at home, the legislator had allegedly beaten up the woman, the FIR said.
The accused legislator could not be contacted for comments.
However, JVM`s leader in the assembly Prdip Yadav claimed Mahta was not present when the incident occurred and demanded an impartial inquiry.
He said the incident was being politicised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued