Woman alleges miscarriage after being beaten up by MLA
Giridih (Jharkhand): A pregnant woman on Friday lodged a complaint with the police alleging that she suffered a miscarriage after being beaten by a legislator in Jharkhand.
Tara Devi, who was three months pregnant, was allegedly beaten up by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) legislator Chandrika Mahta at her Khajatola village home in Giridih district two days ago over a land dispute.
The woman suffered a miscarriage following the incident, the FIR lodged by the woman said.
Superintendent of Police A B Homkar said an FIR has been lodged against Mahta in this regard.
Peeved at not finding her husband at home, the legislator had allegedly beaten up the woman, the FIR said.
The accused legislator could not be contacted for comments.
However, JVM`s leader in the assembly Prdip Yadav claimed Mahta was not present when the incident occurred and demanded an impartial inquiry.
He said the incident was being politicised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference