Woman alleges miscarriage after being beaten up by MLA
Giridih (Jharkhand): A pregnant woman on Friday lodged a complaint with the police alleging that she suffered a miscarriage after being beaten by a legislator in Jharkhand.
Tara Devi, who was three months pregnant, was allegedly beaten up by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) legislator Chandrika Mahta at her Khajatola village home in Giridih district two days ago over a land dispute.
The woman suffered a miscarriage following the incident, the FIR lodged by the woman said.
Superintendent of Police A B Homkar said an FIR has been lodged against Mahta in this regard.
Peeved at not finding her husband at home, the legislator had allegedly beaten up the woman, the FIR said.
The accused legislator could not be contacted for comments.
However, JVM`s leader in the assembly Prdip Yadav claimed Mahta was not present when the incident occurred and demanded an impartial inquiry.
He said the incident was being politicised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!