Woman alleges miscarriage after being beaten up by MLA
Giridih (Jharkhand): A pregnant woman on Friday lodged a complaint with the police alleging that she suffered a miscarriage after being beaten by a legislator in Jharkhand.
Tara Devi, who was three months pregnant, was allegedly beaten up by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) legislator Chandrika Mahta at her Khajatola village home in Giridih district two days ago over a land dispute.
The woman suffered a miscarriage following the incident, the FIR lodged by the woman said.
Superintendent of Police A B Homkar said an FIR has been lodged against Mahta in this regard.
Peeved at not finding her husband at home, the legislator had allegedly beaten up the woman, the FIR said.
The accused legislator could not be contacted for comments.
However, JVM`s leader in the assembly Prdip Yadav claimed Mahta was not present when the incident occurred and demanded an impartial inquiry.
He said the incident was being politicised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...