Woman alleges miscarriage after being beaten up by MLA
Giridih (Jharkhand): A pregnant woman on Friday lodged a complaint with the police alleging that she suffered a miscarriage after being beaten by a legislator in Jharkhand.
Tara Devi, who was three months pregnant, was allegedly beaten up by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) legislator Chandrika Mahta at her Khajatola village home in Giridih district two days ago over a land dispute.
The woman suffered a miscarriage following the incident, the FIR lodged by the woman said.
Superintendent of Police A B Homkar said an FIR has been lodged against Mahta in this regard.
Peeved at not finding her husband at home, the legislator had allegedly beaten up the woman, the FIR said.
The accused legislator could not be contacted for comments.
However, JVM`s leader in the assembly Prdip Yadav claimed Mahta was not present when the incident occurred and demanded an impartial inquiry.
He said the incident was being politicised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre