Woman attacked with acid after refusing to have sex
Ranchi: A woman suffered acid attack after she spurned two young men`s advances in Jharkhand`s Jamtara district, say local media reports.
The 24-year-old married woman (name withheld) suffered burns Sunday when the two young men threw acid on her face and body. The attack took place at Bagdehari village of Jamtara district, around 350 km from Ranchi, when she had gone to ease herself by a pond in the village.
The duo allegedly caught her and asked her to have sex with them. When she refused, they threw acid on her.
The woman was visiting her parents in the village. Based on her statement, two men - Khokhan and Swapan - have been named as the attackers.
According to the woman`s family members, the duo had been trying to have sex with her before she got married.
In a similar incident, a girl was attacked with acid in Dhanbad.
A few days ago in Ranchi, a handwritten poster had threatened girls wearing jeans with acid attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal