Woman hurls stone at Jharkhand CM`s pilot car
Simdega (Jharkhand): An elderly woman Monday threw a stone at Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda`s convoy, breaking the wind screen of his pilot car in Simdega, the police said here.
Munda`s car was at a safe distance and the driver of the pilot car managed to maintain the speed that avoided any pile-up of cars following it, the sources said.
The incident happened during Munda`s "Johar Yatra (road tour)" of the district, and he was returning to Circuit House after attending a programme near the block office, the police said.
The police said the woman was taken into custody for questioning and `that she appeared to be mentally deranged`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145