Woman hurls stone at Jharkhand CM`s pilot car
Simdega (Jharkhand): An elderly woman Monday threw a stone at Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda`s convoy, breaking the wind screen of his pilot car in Simdega, the police said here.
Munda`s car was at a safe distance and the driver of the pilot car managed to maintain the speed that avoided any pile-up of cars following it, the sources said.
The incident happened during Munda`s "Johar Yatra (road tour)" of the district, and he was returning to Circuit House after attending a programme near the block office, the police said.
The police said the woman was taken into custody for questioning and `that she appeared to be mentally deranged`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row