Woman hurls stone at Jharkhand CM`s pilot car
Simdega (Jharkhand): An elderly woman Monday threw a stone at Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda`s convoy, breaking the wind screen of his pilot car in Simdega, the police said here.
Munda`s car was at a safe distance and the driver of the pilot car managed to maintain the speed that avoided any pile-up of cars following it, the sources said.
The incident happened during Munda`s "Johar Yatra (road tour)" of the district, and he was returning to Circuit House after attending a programme near the block office, the police said.
The police said the woman was taken into custody for questioning and `that she appeared to be mentally deranged`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama