Woman kills children, self in Bokaro
Bokaro: A woman killed her three minor children by throwing them into a well before taking her own life by jumping in it in the district, police said.
Kalawati Devi (28) took her three children -- Kajal (7), Payal (6) and Amar (2) -- near a well and threw them into it at Lalmatia village, officer-in-charge of Chandrapura police
station, Ramji Mahato, told newsmen.
Kalawati then committed suicide by jumping into the well, he said.
Her husband was not present at the time of the incident, he added.
A family dispute could be behind the tragedy, he said .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed