Woman, two minors burnt to death
Medininagar: A woman and her two little
children were burnt to death allegedly for more dowry at
Jaitukhad village in Palmau district of Jharkhand on Saturday.
Police said Manju Paswan and her sons Ramu and Baiju
(aged 6 and 4 yrs) were set on fire following an altercation
between Manju and her husband Murari Paswan allegedly over
The three badly-burnt bodies were later recovered from
the house and sent for post-mortem.
An FIR has been lodged against five persons - Murari,
his father Surgriv Paswan, mother Jasmati Devi, elder brother
Bablu Paswan and Bablu`s wife Sona Devi - on the basis of the
statement of Manju`s brother Ganjendra Paswan.
All the accused were at large, police said.
Manju had got married to Murari in 2009 and her
parents gave some dowry, her family alleged to the police.
However, her torture at the hands of in-laws did not
end as the dowry amount went up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail