Woman, two minors burnt to death
Medininagar: A woman and her two little
children were burnt to death allegedly for more dowry at
Jaitukhad village in Palmau district of Jharkhand on Saturday.
Police said Manju Paswan and her sons Ramu and Baiju
(aged 6 and 4 yrs) were set on fire following an altercation
between Manju and her husband Murari Paswan allegedly over
The three badly-burnt bodies were later recovered from
the house and sent for post-mortem.
An FIR has been lodged against five persons - Murari,
his father Surgriv Paswan, mother Jasmati Devi, elder brother
Bablu Paswan and Bablu`s wife Sona Devi - on the basis of the
statement of Manju`s brother Ganjendra Paswan.
All the accused were at large, police said.
Manju had got married to Murari in 2009 and her
parents gave some dowry, her family alleged to the police.
However, her torture at the hands of in-laws did not
end as the dowry amount went up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman