Woman, two minors burnt to death
Medininagar: A woman and her two little
children were burnt to death allegedly for more dowry at
Jaitukhad village in Palmau district of Jharkhand on Saturday.
Police said Manju Paswan and her sons Ramu and Baiju
(aged 6 and 4 yrs) were set on fire following an altercation
between Manju and her husband Murari Paswan allegedly over
The three badly-burnt bodies were later recovered from
the house and sent for post-mortem.
An FIR has been lodged against five persons - Murari,
his father Surgriv Paswan, mother Jasmati Devi, elder brother
Bablu Paswan and Bablu`s wife Sona Devi - on the basis of the
statement of Manju`s brother Ganjendra Paswan.
All the accused were at large, police said.
Manju had got married to Murari in 2009 and her
parents gave some dowry, her family alleged to the police.
However, her torture at the hands of in-laws did not
end as the dowry amount went up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH