Woman, two minors burnt to death
Medininagar: A woman and her two little
children were burnt to death allegedly for more dowry at
Jaitukhad village in Palmau district of Jharkhand on Saturday.
Police said Manju Paswan and her sons Ramu and Baiju
(aged 6 and 4 yrs) were set on fire following an altercation
between Manju and her husband Murari Paswan allegedly over
The three badly-burnt bodies were later recovered from
the house and sent for post-mortem.
An FIR has been lodged against five persons - Murari,
his father Surgriv Paswan, mother Jasmati Devi, elder brother
Bablu Paswan and Bablu`s wife Sona Devi - on the basis of the
statement of Manju`s brother Ganjendra Paswan.
All the accused were at large, police said.
Manju had got married to Murari in 2009 and her
parents gave some dowry, her family alleged to the police.
However, her torture at the hands of in-laws did not
end as the dowry amount went up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan