Woman, two minors burnt to death
Medininagar: A woman and her two little
children were burnt to death allegedly for more dowry at
Jaitukhad village in Palmau district of Jharkhand on Saturday.
Police said Manju Paswan and her sons Ramu and Baiju
(aged 6 and 4 yrs) were set on fire following an altercation
between Manju and her husband Murari Paswan allegedly over
The three badly-burnt bodies were later recovered from
the house and sent for post-mortem.
An FIR has been lodged against five persons - Murari,
his father Surgriv Paswan, mother Jasmati Devi, elder brother
Bablu Paswan and Bablu`s wife Sona Devi - on the basis of the
statement of Manju`s brother Ganjendra Paswan.
All the accused were at large, police said.
Manju had got married to Murari in 2009 and her
parents gave some dowry, her family alleged to the police.
However, her torture at the hands of in-laws did not
end as the dowry amount went up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees