Women`s college to introduce course on women`s right
Jamshedpur: A women`s college here today decided to introduce a course on women`s right to make the students aware of their fundamental rights and laws meant to safeguard their interest after the Delhi gangrape case.
A decision in this regard was taken at the Academic Council meeting of Jamshedpur Women`s College (JWC), a constituent autonomous college under Kolhan university said the college principal Shukla Mohanty.
Mohanty said the Women’s right course will be part of compulsory paper of General studies and Environment for all streams of final year students of the graduation course.
Of the total 100-mark compulsory paper, she said the 20-mark questions on Women’s right and law will be given and it will mandatory to answer by the final year students.
The Principal said S P Singh, Registrar of Chanakya National Law University, Patna, has been authorized to finalize the course, which will be introduced for the first time in the country from next session.
Mohanty said the aim was to make girl students aware about the laws and by-laws of women’s safety.
Admitting that majority of the students of the college lacked knowledge about the laws and rights meant to safeguard their interest, she said the inclusion of the Women’s right in the compulsory paper will provide opportunity to teach the students and inculcate confidence among them about their safety.
The course will educate the girls about their lawful rights and make them competent enough to face any adverse circumstances, she said.
She said JWC was contemplating to provide martial art training to inculcate confidence among girls students to protect themselves in adverse situations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo