Yashwant Sinha, BJP workers arrested for `assaulting` JSEB official
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha and 300 party workers and leaders were arrested on Monday for allegedly assaulting a Jharkhand State Electricity Board official over a power crisis issue in the state.
Incidentally, Sinha admitted before the media of "instructing" the party`s women activists to tie-up JSEB`s Hazaribagh branch general manager Dhanesh Jha using a rope.
"Yes, I have asked them to tie hands of the GM as women are the worst sufferers for not getting power. Their children`s education is also suffering," Sinha told reporters.
According to the police, Sinha and around 300 BJP activists including 50 women, locked office of JSEB, Hazaribagh unit, around 9 AM and staged a sit-in and did not let any employee enter the office.
More than 300 activists, including Sinha, were arrested and lodged at the Sadar police station for allegedly tying up Jha during the agitation, DSP (HQ) Arvind Kumar Singh told reporters here.
"It is humiliating and insulting," Jha, who filed a FIR against Sinha and others said.
The Dy SP rescued Jha from the women, who tied his hands and quizzed him why Hazariabagh and Ramgarh districts reeled in power crisis, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II