Yashwant Sinha, BJP workers arrested for `assaulting` JSEB official
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha and 300 party workers and leaders were arrested on Monday for allegedly assaulting a Jharkhand State Electricity Board official over a power crisis issue in the state.
Incidentally, Sinha admitted before the media of "instructing" the party`s women activists to tie-up JSEB`s Hazaribagh branch general manager Dhanesh Jha using a rope.
"Yes, I have asked them to tie hands of the GM as women are the worst sufferers for not getting power. Their children`s education is also suffering," Sinha told reporters.
According to the police, Sinha and around 300 BJP activists including 50 women, locked office of JSEB, Hazaribagh unit, around 9 AM and staged a sit-in and did not let any employee enter the office.
More than 300 activists, including Sinha, were arrested and lodged at the Sadar police station for allegedly tying up Jha during the agitation, DSP (HQ) Arvind Kumar Singh told reporters here.
"It is humiliating and insulting," Jha, who filed a FIR against Sinha and others said.
The Dy SP rescued Jha from the women, who tied his hands and quizzed him why Hazariabagh and Ramgarh districts reeled in power crisis, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok