Yashwant Sinha may lead BJP in Jharkhand Assembly polls: Advani
Zee Media Bureau
Hazaribagh: Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party leader LK Advani on Tuesday met former union minister Yashwant Sinha, whose judicial custody was extended on Monday till June 28.
After meeting Sinha, Advani announced that the senior BJP leader may lead the party in next Assembly Elections in Jharkhand.
Sinha was arrested on June 02 for leading a demonstration at the state Electricity Board office in Hazaribagh town and was sent to 14 days` judicial custody next day after he refused to furnish the bail bond. A local court on Monday extended the judicial remand of the senior Jharkhand BJP leader till June 28 as he did not move for bail in connection with the alleged assault of a senior government official earlier this month.
It appears that Sinha has not accepted BJP president and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s recent appeal through party leaders Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Shahnawaz Hussain urging him to come out of the jail and participate in the state unit’s next phase of agitation, which began on Monday.
Sinha’s son and newly-elected Hazaribagh MP Jayant is staging a sit-in near the collectorate as part of the party’s protest against deteriorating law and order situation and power crisis.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China unveils world's largest amphibious aircraft
- WATCH: SPINE-CHILLING! Goldberg makes WWE debut, spears The Rock!
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments