Yashwant Sinha refuses party`s request to apply for bail
Hazaribagh: Jailed BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Wednesday refused party leaders` request to secure bail, saying he would come out only when the administration dropped the "illegal case" lodged against him and his supporters for protesting against power crisis here.
Sinha`s refusal came when a state BJP delegation led by former Assembly speaker CP Singh called on him in the jail and urged him to apply for bail, one of the accompanying party leaders said.
"Sinha refused to come out of the jail. The arrests were illegal as the BJP workers were agitating peacefully and did not resort to any violence. He said he will come out of jail only when the illegal cases against him and the BJP workers are withdrawn by the administration," the leader said.
Later, extending support to the agitation launched by Sinha, the former Speaker said the state unit would soon decide whether the stir would be extended to the entire state.
Sinha and his followers were yesterday remanded in 14 days judicial custody after they refused to apply for bail following their arrest for allegedly assaulting General Manager (JSEB, Hazaribagh) Dhanesh Jha on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday