Yashwant Sinha surprised over JMM not voting against FDI
Hazaribagh: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha has expressed surprise over Jharkhand Mukti Morcha not voting in favour of the motion against FDI in multi-brand retail in Parliament after "initial promise" to stand against the foreign direct investment.
"It`s surprising that JMM is not supporting the NDA in its motion against FDI in multi-brand retail," Sinha said while addressing BJP workers meeting here yesterday.
"This has exposed the party before the people of Jharkhand," Sinha said while claiming that the party backed out after assuring the people that it would go against FDI.
Rajya Sabha member Sanjiv Kumar of JMM, which is an ally in BJP-led government in Jharkhand, on Friday walked out before the voting on FDI took place in the Upper House.
The BJP had in 2010 withdrew support to Shibu Soren-led government saying JMM had cross-voted in Parliament in favour of the UPA then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video