Yashwant Sinha surprised over JMM not voting against FDI
Hazaribagh: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha has expressed surprise over Jharkhand Mukti Morcha not voting in favour of the motion against FDI in multi-brand retail in Parliament after "initial promise" to stand against the foreign direct investment.
"It`s surprising that JMM is not supporting the NDA in its motion against FDI in multi-brand retail," Sinha said while addressing BJP workers meeting here yesterday.
"This has exposed the party before the people of Jharkhand," Sinha said while claiming that the party backed out after assuring the people that it would go against FDI.
Rajya Sabha member Sanjiv Kumar of JMM, which is an ally in BJP-led government in Jharkhand, on Friday walked out before the voting on FDI took place in the Upper House.
The BJP had in 2010 withdrew support to Shibu Soren-led government saying JMM had cross-voted in Parliament in favour of the UPA then.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India