Yashwant Sinha surprised over JMM not voting against FDI
Hazaribagh: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha has expressed surprise over Jharkhand Mukti Morcha not voting in favour of the motion against FDI in multi-brand retail in Parliament after "initial promise" to stand against the foreign direct investment.
"It`s surprising that JMM is not supporting the NDA in its motion against FDI in multi-brand retail," Sinha said while addressing BJP workers meeting here yesterday.
"This has exposed the party before the people of Jharkhand," Sinha said while claiming that the party backed out after assuring the people that it would go against FDI.
Rajya Sabha member Sanjiv Kumar of JMM, which is an ally in BJP-led government in Jharkhand, on Friday walked out before the voting on FDI took place in the Upper House.
The BJP had in 2010 withdrew support to Shibu Soren-led government saying JMM had cross-voted in Parliament in favour of the UPA then.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note