Yashwant Sinha surprised over JMM not voting against FDI
Hazaribagh: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha has expressed surprise over Jharkhand Mukti Morcha not voting in favour of the motion against FDI in multi-brand retail in Parliament after "initial promise" to stand against the foreign direct investment.
"It`s surprising that JMM is not supporting the NDA in its motion against FDI in multi-brand retail," Sinha said while addressing BJP workers meeting here yesterday.
"This has exposed the party before the people of Jharkhand," Sinha said while claiming that the party backed out after assuring the people that it would go against FDI.
Rajya Sabha member Sanjiv Kumar of JMM, which is an ally in BJP-led government in Jharkhand, on Friday walked out before the voting on FDI took place in the Upper House.
The BJP had in 2010 withdrew support to Shibu Soren-led government saying JMM had cross-voted in Parliament in favour of the UPA then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez