Yashwant Sinha surprised over JMM not voting against FDI
Hazaribagh: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha has expressed surprise over Jharkhand Mukti Morcha not voting in favour of the motion against FDI in multi-brand retail in Parliament after "initial promise" to stand against the foreign direct investment.
"It`s surprising that JMM is not supporting the NDA in its motion against FDI in multi-brand retail," Sinha said while addressing BJP workers meeting here yesterday.
"This has exposed the party before the people of Jharkhand," Sinha said while claiming that the party backed out after assuring the people that it would go against FDI.
Rajya Sabha member Sanjiv Kumar of JMM, which is an ally in BJP-led government in Jharkhand, on Friday walked out before the voting on FDI took place in the Upper House.
The BJP had in 2010 withdrew support to Shibu Soren-led government saying JMM had cross-voted in Parliament in favour of the UPA then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!