Yashwant Sinha surrenders, granted bail
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Thursday surrendered before a local court and obtained bail in connection with a case relating to the anti-corruption agitation he had led during the erstwhile Madhu Koda regime in 2008.
Turning himself in before Judicial Magistrate Rajiv Ranjan`s court, Sinha moved a bail petition and the bail was granted on furnishing a bond of Rs 5,000.
Former BJP president Yadunath Pandey, former BJP Rajya Sabha MP Ajay Maroo and party leader Sanjay Seth were the other leaders who surrendered along with Sinha and were granted bail.
The BJP had resorted to a 12-day anti-corruption stir during Koda`s chief ministership with senior party leaders each assigned to lead the stir on each of the 12 days.
Sinha, who had led the agitation on one of the days, was booked for obstructing traffic on road.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed