Yashwant Sinha surrenders to police after FIR
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader
Yashwant Sinha and 18 others on Thursday surrendered to a police
station, a day after Central Coalfield Limited (CCL) lodged an
FIR against them for allegedly holding its General Manager
Prabhakar Chaki captive in its office at Charhi near here.
The accused went to Charhi police station and
surrendered in the presence of Sub-divisional Officer Kumkum
Prasad and Additional SP Sudarshan Mandal, police said.
The accused dismissed the allegation as "baseless" and
said they would prefer jail to bail as they were on a
The CCL had yesterday filed the FIR against Sinha and
18 others charging them with holding its GM captive for six
hours on April 10.
A large number of people including the accused
demonstrated in support of their demands including opening a
new coal dump yard to allow villagers of Phusri benefit from
The demand was rejected by the GM on the ground that
there was already one dump yard at Bahera under the same
project, CCL sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users