Yashwant Sinha surrenders to police after FIR
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader
Yashwant Sinha and 18 others on Thursday surrendered to a police
station, a day after Central Coalfield Limited (CCL) lodged an
FIR against them for allegedly holding its General Manager
Prabhakar Chaki captive in its office at Charhi near here.
The accused went to Charhi police station and
surrendered in the presence of Sub-divisional Officer Kumkum
Prasad and Additional SP Sudarshan Mandal, police said.
The accused dismissed the allegation as "baseless" and
said they would prefer jail to bail as they were on a
The CCL had yesterday filed the FIR against Sinha and
18 others charging them with holding its GM captive for six
hours on April 10.
A large number of people including the accused
demonstrated in support of their demands including opening a
new coal dump yard to allow villagers of Phusri benefit from
The demand was rejected by the GM on the ground that
there was already one dump yard at Bahera under the same
project, CCL sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore