Yashwant Sinha surrenders to police after FIR
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader
Yashwant Sinha and 18 others on Thursday surrendered to a police
station, a day after Central Coalfield Limited (CCL) lodged an
FIR against them for allegedly holding its General Manager
Prabhakar Chaki captive in its office at Charhi near here.
The accused went to Charhi police station and
surrendered in the presence of Sub-divisional Officer Kumkum
Prasad and Additional SP Sudarshan Mandal, police said.
The accused dismissed the allegation as "baseless" and
said they would prefer jail to bail as they were on a
The CCL had yesterday filed the FIR against Sinha and
18 others charging them with holding its GM captive for six
hours on April 10.
A large number of people including the accused
demonstrated in support of their demands including opening a
new coal dump yard to allow villagers of Phusri benefit from
The demand was rejected by the GM on the ground that
there was already one dump yard at Bahera under the same
project, CCL sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened