Yashwant Sinha surrenders to police after FIR
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader
Yashwant Sinha and 18 others on Thursday surrendered to a police
station, a day after Central Coalfield Limited (CCL) lodged an
FIR against them for allegedly holding its General Manager
Prabhakar Chaki captive in its office at Charhi near here.
The accused went to Charhi police station and
surrendered in the presence of Sub-divisional Officer Kumkum
Prasad and Additional SP Sudarshan Mandal, police said.
The accused dismissed the allegation as "baseless" and
said they would prefer jail to bail as they were on a
The CCL had yesterday filed the FIR against Sinha and
18 others charging them with holding its GM captive for six
hours on April 10.
A large number of people including the accused
demonstrated in support of their demands including opening a
new coal dump yard to allow villagers of Phusri benefit from
The demand was rejected by the GM on the ground that
there was already one dump yard at Bahera under the same
project, CCL sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview