Yashwant Sinha`s judicial custody extended in JSEB official assault case
Ranchi: A Jharkhand court on Monday extended till June 28 former union minister Yashwant Sinha`s judicial custody after the Bharatiya Janata Party leader refused to seek bail.
Sinha was arrested June 2 for leading a demonstration at the state Electricity Board office in Hazaribagh town and was sent to 14 days` judicial custody next day after he refused to furnish the bail bond.
BJP sources said senior party leader LK Advani might meet Sinha in jail Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the BJP Monday started phase-wise agitation against the prevailing power crisis in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 23 new doping failures from 2012 London Olympic Games: IOC
- Hamid Ansari's Morocco visit will boost strategic partnership with India: Larbi Reffouh
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome: Iran
- Listen to the government, Bajrang Dal is not BJP, says Amit Shah
- Read this to know where Barack Obama will stay after retirement!