Yashwant Sinha`s judicial custody extended in JSEB official assault case
Ranchi: A Jharkhand court on Monday extended till June 28 former union minister Yashwant Sinha`s judicial custody after the Bharatiya Janata Party leader refused to seek bail.
Sinha was arrested June 2 for leading a demonstration at the state Electricity Board office in Hazaribagh town and was sent to 14 days` judicial custody next day after he refused to furnish the bail bond.
BJP sources said senior party leader LK Advani might meet Sinha in jail Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the BJP Monday started phase-wise agitation against the prevailing power crisis in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh