Yashwant Sinha`s judicial custody extended in JSEB official assault case
Ranchi: A Jharkhand court on Monday extended till June 28 former union minister Yashwant Sinha`s judicial custody after the Bharatiya Janata Party leader refused to seek bail.
Sinha was arrested June 2 for leading a demonstration at the state Electricity Board office in Hazaribagh town and was sent to 14 days` judicial custody next day after he refused to furnish the bail bond.
BJP sources said senior party leader LK Advani might meet Sinha in jail Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the BJP Monday started phase-wise agitation against the prevailing power crisis in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi