Youth held for cheating people in name of AAP membership
Raipur: A youth was arrested for allegedly recovering money from people on the pretext of offering membership of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) here, police said on Sunday.
Likhesh Singh (26), a resident of Telibandha area, was nabbed while he was allegedly collecting money through the fake receipt of the AAP for its membership last evening, Telibandha Station House Officer Rakesh Baghel said.
Police swung into action following a complaint by local members of the Arvind Kejriwal-led party about a miscreant reportedly engaged in recovering money from people against providing them membership AAP, Baghel said.
Bundles of bogus receipts in the name of AAP and cash collected by him from public were seized from his possession, he said.
An offence has been registered against the accused under sections 420, 467 and 468 of IPC, including charges of cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property, forgery of valuables, security, will, etc and forgery for the purpose of cheating, he said.
The SHO did not ruled out involvement of more such miscreants in a similar offence and said further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested