Youth held for cheating people in name of AAP membership
Raipur: A youth was arrested for allegedly recovering money from people on the pretext of offering membership of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) here, police said on Sunday.
Likhesh Singh (26), a resident of Telibandha area, was nabbed while he was allegedly collecting money through the fake receipt of the AAP for its membership last evening, Telibandha Station House Officer Rakesh Baghel said.
Police swung into action following a complaint by local members of the Arvind Kejriwal-led party about a miscreant reportedly engaged in recovering money from people against providing them membership AAP, Baghel said.
Bundles of bogus receipts in the name of AAP and cash collected by him from public were seized from his possession, he said.
An offence has been registered against the accused under sections 420, 467 and 468 of IPC, including charges of cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property, forgery of valuables, security, will, etc and forgery for the purpose of cheating, he said.
The SHO did not ruled out involvement of more such miscreants in a similar offence and said further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming