Zero tolerance against corruption: Jharkhand governor
Ranchi: In the backdrop of graft charges
against several former ministers, the Jharkhand government
today pledged zero tolerance against corruption and announced
strengthening of the state vigilance system.
"I emphasise that my government will adopt the policy
of zero tolerance towards corruption," Governor K
Sankaranarayanan said while addressing the Assembly here.
Asserting that corruption would not be tolerated in
any way, he said the vigilance system would further be
strengthened so that it could function in a more effective
Stressing that the new government would provide
constructive leadership to the state with political stability,
the governor said it would work with care and promptness to
provide a clean, transparent and sensitive administration.
"My government will work with the commitment to meet
the expectations of the people to provide them a society free
from fear, hunger and exploitation."
During the day, Independent MLA Harinarayan Rai, in
judicial custody for over three months in a disproportionate
assets case being probed by the state Vigilance Bureau, took
oath as a member of the house.
J`harkhand Party (Ekka) MLA Enos Ekka and Marxist
Coordination Committee MLA Arup Chatterjee are still to take
"...our goal is to establish a system of
administration absolutely free from corruption. Public
servants would be made fully accountable for their duties,"
the governor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!