Zero tolerance against corruption: Jharkhand governor
Ranchi: In the backdrop of graft charges
against several former ministers, the Jharkhand government
today pledged zero tolerance against corruption and announced
strengthening of the state vigilance system.
"I emphasise that my government will adopt the policy
of zero tolerance towards corruption," Governor K
Sankaranarayanan said while addressing the Assembly here.
Asserting that corruption would not be tolerated in
any way, he said the vigilance system would further be
strengthened so that it could function in a more effective
Stressing that the new government would provide
constructive leadership to the state with political stability,
the governor said it would work with care and promptness to
provide a clean, transparent and sensitive administration.
"My government will work with the commitment to meet
the expectations of the people to provide them a society free
from fear, hunger and exploitation."
During the day, Independent MLA Harinarayan Rai, in
judicial custody for over three months in a disproportionate
assets case being probed by the state Vigilance Bureau, took
oath as a member of the house.
J`harkhand Party (Ekka) MLA Enos Ekka and Marxist
Coordination Committee MLA Arup Chatterjee are still to take
"...our goal is to establish a system of
administration absolutely free from corruption. Public
servants would be made fully accountable for their duties,"
the governor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor