11 BJP rebel MLAs served notice under anti-defection law
Bangalore: Acting on a complaint by Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa on anti-party activities, Karnataka
assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah day served notices to 11 rebel
BJP MLAs under the provisions of the anti-defection law.
The move was considered as a pressure tactic by the
BJP to quell dissidence to save its totterring government.
Assembly Secretary S B Patil served notice on 11
dissident MLAs, including minister for excise M P
Patil said the MLAs on whom the notice has been issued
have to meet the speaker before October 10 by five PM and
tender their explanation, a day before Yeddyurappa would seek
a confidence vote as per the instruction from the Governor H R
The rebels are currently camping in a hotel in Goa.
The action by the Speaker comes in the wake of 14 BJP
MLAs submitting a letter to Governor H R Bharadwaj on October
six, informing their decision to withdraw support to the BJP
Those got the notice besides Renukacharya are: Belur
Gopalakrishna, Balachandra Jarkiholi, Shivanagouda Naik, H S
Shankaralinge Gowda,Y Sampangi, Anand Asnotikar, Sarbhouma
Bagali,G N Nanjundaswamy,Baramgouda H Kage and M V Nagaraju.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL