13-year-old domestic help brutally beaten up by couple in Bangalore
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: In a yet another incident of domestic violence, a 13-year-old minor is reportedly battling for her life in a government hospital here after she was allegedly beaten up by a couple where she used to work, stated reports.
After the incident came into light the couple was arrested for allegedly ill-treating the minor domestic helper. The couple was arrested on Friday under the IPC`s Section 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt with dangerous weapons or means), police said.
The girl was brought with head injuries and bruises all over the body, police sources further said.
The girl, hailing from Darjeeling in West Bengal, was brought to the city by the family from Assam, who runs a consulting agency here, they added.
Police further said that she was allegedly beaten by the couple.
As the girl fell unconscious on Thursday, she was first taken to the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences by the couple and was later shifted to a private hospital, the cops said.
The girl was later shifted to the government-run Vani Vilas Hospital police said, adding, "she is now out of danger".
The police official also said that the child, who was brought from Darjeeling in June, was often beaten for eating food from the kitchen. The child`s parents are reportedly dead and it was her grandmother who requested Nafisa to take care of the child.
As per reports, Doctors have said that even though the child`s condition is now stable and she could make a physical recovery in a few days, the mental and emotional recovery may require more time.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!