13-year-old domestic help brutally beaten up by couple in Bangalore
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: In a yet another incident of domestic violence, a 13-year-old minor is reportedly battling for her life in a government hospital here after she was allegedly beaten up by a couple where she used to work, stated reports.
After the incident came into light the couple was arrested for allegedly ill-treating the minor domestic helper. The couple was arrested on Friday under the IPC`s Section 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt with dangerous weapons or means), police said.
The girl was brought with head injuries and bruises all over the body, police sources further said.
The girl, hailing from Darjeeling in West Bengal, was brought to the city by the family from Assam, who runs a consulting agency here, they added.
Police further said that she was allegedly beaten by the couple.
As the girl fell unconscious on Thursday, she was first taken to the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences by the couple and was later shifted to a private hospital, the cops said.
The girl was later shifted to the government-run Vani Vilas Hospital police said, adding, "she is now out of danger".
The police official also said that the child, who was brought from Darjeeling in June, was often beaten for eating food from the kitchen. The child`s parents are reportedly dead and it was her grandmother who requested Nafisa to take care of the child.
As per reports, Doctors have said that even though the child`s condition is now stable and she could make a physical recovery in a few days, the mental and emotional recovery may require more time.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report