16-year-old held for raping minor near Bangalore
Bangalore: A 16-year-old boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a three-year-old girl in a village 30 km from here, police said on Wednesday.
"We traced the accused in a nearby village late Tuesday and sent him to juvenile home in the city for remand and interrogation," Ramanagara district superintendent of police Anupam Agarwal told a news agency.
"We are waiting for the medical report of the victim from a state-run hospital to formally charge the juvenile and investigate him," Agarwal said.
The incident occurred on July 18 at Thalaghattapura in Uttarahalli taluk. On July 20, the girl complained to her parents of pain while passing urine.
The complaint was filed on Tuesday after a local doctor in the village examined the child Monday and told her parents that she had infection due to sexual assault.
"We were shocked to learn from the doctor that our child was sexually abused by the accused, who stays in our neighbourhood," the mother said in the complaint.
The victim was on Tuesday admitted to St John`s hospital in the city for treatment as she had had a heart surgery in April this year and was consequently weak.
The accused has been identified as the son of a Thalaghattapura local body member.
A case was registered against him under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO), 2012 late Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"