16-year-old held for raping minor near Bangalore
Bangalore: A 16-year-old boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a three-year-old girl in a village 30 km from here, police said on Wednesday.
"We traced the accused in a nearby village late Tuesday and sent him to juvenile home in the city for remand and interrogation," Ramanagara district superintendent of police Anupam Agarwal told a news agency.
"We are waiting for the medical report of the victim from a state-run hospital to formally charge the juvenile and investigate him," Agarwal said.
The incident occurred on July 18 at Thalaghattapura in Uttarahalli taluk. On July 20, the girl complained to her parents of pain while passing urine.
The complaint was filed on Tuesday after a local doctor in the village examined the child Monday and told her parents that she had infection due to sexual assault.
"We were shocked to learn from the doctor that our child was sexually abused by the accused, who stays in our neighbourhood," the mother said in the complaint.
The victim was on Tuesday admitted to St John`s hospital in the city for treatment as she had had a heart surgery in April this year and was consequently weak.
The accused has been identified as the son of a Thalaghattapura local body member.
A case was registered against him under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO), 2012 late Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers