18 more Karnataka HC judges file assets and liabilities statement
Bangalore: Eighteen more judges of the Karnataka
High Court have declared their assets and liabilities.
With this the number of High Court judges who have declared
their assets and liabilities have risen to 19 after Justice D
V Shylendra Kumar voluntarily put details about his assets on
his own website in August last.
According to the Karnataka High Court official website, 19
judges have submitted their statement of assets and
liabilities and they have been put on display.
Those who have declared their assets are: Justice Aravind
Kumar, Justice Manjula Chellur, Justice K Sreedhar Rao,
Justice N Kumar, Justice D V Shailendra Kumar, Justice K
Bhakthavatsala, Justice Mohan Shantanagoudar, Justice S Abdul
Nazeer, Justice H Billappa, Justice B S Patil, Justice V
Jagannathan, Justice C R Kumaraswamy, Justice Ashok B
Hinchageri, Justice A S Bopanna, Justice N Ananda, Justice A N
Venugopal Gowda, Justice Arali Nagaraj, Justice A S
Pachhapure and Justice K N Keshava Narayana.
Justice Kumar had shot into limelight after he took on
Chief Justice of India K G Balakrishnan last year amid a
raging controversy over the issue of judges making their
assets public. He has also persistently attacked Justice
Dinakaran, against whom impeachment proceedings are pending in
the Rajya Sabha, over his continuing to discharge
administrative functions while being away from the Bench in
the wake of the land grabbing controversy surrounding him.
Justice Kumar last year wrote to Justice Dinakaran
requesting him that the details of his assets and liabilities
be put on the court`s official website which was turned down.
Karnataka currently has 36 sitting judges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja
- Shocking video: Old woman mercilessly beaten up by her daughter in Delhi