18 more Karnataka HC judges file assets and liabilities statement
Bangalore: Eighteen more judges of the Karnataka
High Court have declared their assets and liabilities.
With this the number of High Court judges who have declared
their assets and liabilities have risen to 19 after Justice D
V Shylendra Kumar voluntarily put details about his assets on
his own website in August last.
According to the Karnataka High Court official website, 19
judges have submitted their statement of assets and
liabilities and they have been put on display.
Those who have declared their assets are: Justice Aravind
Kumar, Justice Manjula Chellur, Justice K Sreedhar Rao,
Justice N Kumar, Justice D V Shailendra Kumar, Justice K
Bhakthavatsala, Justice Mohan Shantanagoudar, Justice S Abdul
Nazeer, Justice H Billappa, Justice B S Patil, Justice V
Jagannathan, Justice C R Kumaraswamy, Justice Ashok B
Hinchageri, Justice A S Bopanna, Justice N Ananda, Justice A N
Venugopal Gowda, Justice Arali Nagaraj, Justice A S
Pachhapure and Justice K N Keshava Narayana.
Justice Kumar had shot into limelight after he took on
Chief Justice of India K G Balakrishnan last year amid a
raging controversy over the issue of judges making their
assets public. He has also persistently attacked Justice
Dinakaran, against whom impeachment proceedings are pending in
the Rajya Sabha, over his continuing to discharge
administrative functions while being away from the Bench in
the wake of the land grabbing controversy surrounding him.
Justice Kumar last year wrote to Justice Dinakaran
requesting him that the details of his assets and liabilities
be put on the court`s official website which was turned down.
Karnataka currently has 36 sitting judges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’