2 crore residents of Ktk to get Aadhaar number
Bangalore: Two crore residents of Karnataka
would get Aadhaar numbers by March, a key official said on Saturday.
"We have crossed the one crore mark as on November 27. 97
per cent of residents of Mysore and Tumkur Districts have
already enrolled", Principal Secretary in the e-Governance
Department, M N Vidyashankar, said.
Enrolment has started in 23 districts of Natka
including Bangalore city, he said.
"By the end of the current financial year, another one crore
residents will be enrolled", added Vidyashankar,also Principal
Secretary in the IT, BT and Science and Technology departments
when asked about the update on the Aadhaar project in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore