20 day-old baby girl poisoned to death
Nelamangala (Kar): In a shocking case, a 20-day-old baby girl died after her father allegedly fed her donkey`s milk laced with poison at Nelamangala taluk in Bangalore district, police said on Monday.
The 25-year-old man, a mechanic, was arrested this morning following a complaint from his wife, police said.
According to his wife, he did not want a daughter, and allegedly murdered their child by administering donkey`s milk laced with poison last night.
During investigation, it was revealed that the man brought milk in a plastic bottle which he picked up from a garbage pile, police said.
"It is also possible that the bottle was contaminated which led to the death of the child," police said, adding, they were questioning the man to know the truth behind the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'