240 more govt services to come under guarantee act in Karnataka
Bangalore: As many as 240 government services will soon be added under the "Sakala" initiative, which ensures time-bound service to the public, Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister TB Jayachandra said on Monday.
Speaking after releasing the August 2013 report of the Karnataka Sakala Services Act 2011, he noted that 375 services across various government departments are currently under the scheme.
"In the coming days, we are planning to add 240 services under Sakala", he told reporters.
Jayachandra said all 177 taluks and 30 district offices -- totalling 207 -- would have Sakala help desks by next month.
According to officials, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, through the call centre, would speak (through recorded messages) to all citizens who have provided mobile numbers under Sakala to understand citizens` needs and collect their feedback.
This would give citizens an opportunity to take their grievances and suggestions directly to the attention of the Chief Minister, they noted.
Sakala Mission director and DPAR secretary Shalini Rajneesh said a team of governors from Afghanistan came over to understand Sakala services, after the first group went back inspired.
Noted educationist from IIM Ahmedabad, Anil Gupta, came to document Sakala case study for IIMA graduates, she said, adding, the Sakala model has been adopted by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Personnel Grievances (DARPG) for country-wide `training of trainers` module to help all administrators in improving service delivery.
According to officials, by last month-end, more than 50 percent of the state`s population had utilised Sakala services.
While the districts of Uttara Kannada, Kolar and Chamarajanagar took the top positions in implementing Sakala last month, it was Gudibanda in Chikkaballapur district which stole the show for being most consistent among taluks, followed by Kumta and Ankola.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400