3 devotees commit suicide to ‘join’ their dead guru
Banglaore: Three devotees of a spiritual guru committed suicide at the Chouli monastery near Badar by jumping into a burning wood pyre on Monday.
Reports quoted the cops as saying that in their suicide note the trio said they wanted to `join` their leader who had killed himself over a month ago.
The three deceased aged 16, 30 and 50, who lived at the Chouli monastery, wrote that they were, `leaving the world to join their guru Gyaneshwar.`
Cops were quoted by agencies as saying that before jumping into the heap of firewood around midnight, they wrote, "Our guru is not here. There is no meaning in living anymore. We are voluntarily going to our god in heaven."
Cops said that the monastery inmates believed that Gyaneshwar, the senior guru, ended his life on February 28 due to some `unhealthy developments in his religious organisation.`
The monastery is one of the most popular pilgrimage sites in the region and policemen have been deployed there to maintain law and order, reports said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'