5 killed, 17 injured as bus rams into lorry in Karnatka
Hubli: Five persons were killed and 17 injured when a private bus rammed into a stationary lorry near here in the wee hours on Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred near Bankapura, about 48 km from here, on the Bangalore-Pune Express Highway, they said while adding that all the victims were passengers of the bus.
Four of the deceased, including two women, hailed from Tumkur, while the other was from Bangalore, police said.
Three persons died on the spot while the other two succumbed to their injuries on the way to hospital.
Of the 17 injured, who have been hospitalised, the condition of one was serious, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital