5 killed, 17 injured as bus rams into lorry in Karnatka
Hubli: Five persons were killed and 17 injured when a private bus rammed into a stationary lorry near here in the wee hours on Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred near Bankapura, about 48 km from here, on the Bangalore-Pune Express Highway, they said while adding that all the victims were passengers of the bus.
Four of the deceased, including two women, hailed from Tumkur, while the other was from Bangalore, police said.
Three persons died on the spot while the other two succumbed to their injuries on the way to hospital.
Of the 17 injured, who have been hospitalised, the condition of one was serious, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi