5 killed, 17 injured as bus rams into lorry in Karnatka
Hubli: Five persons were killed and 17 injured when a private bus rammed into a stationary lorry near here in the wee hours on Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred near Bankapura, about 48 km from here, on the Bangalore-Pune Express Highway, they said while adding that all the victims were passengers of the bus.
Four of the deceased, including two women, hailed from Tumkur, while the other was from Bangalore, police said.
Three persons died on the spot while the other two succumbed to their injuries on the way to hospital.
Of the 17 injured, who have been hospitalised, the condition of one was serious, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert