5 killed, 17 injured as bus rams into lorry in Karnatka
Hubli: Five persons were killed and 17 injured when a private bus rammed into a stationary lorry near here in the wee hours on Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred near Bankapura, about 48 km from here, on the Bangalore-Pune Express Highway, they said while adding that all the victims were passengers of the bus.
Four of the deceased, including two women, hailed from Tumkur, while the other was from Bangalore, police said.
Three persons died on the spot while the other two succumbed to their injuries on the way to hospital.
Of the 17 injured, who have been hospitalised, the condition of one was serious, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees