500 MLD additional drinking water to flow to Bangalore
Bangalore: A new phase of Cauvery Water Supply Scheme that will bring an additional 500 million litres per day of diking water to the city aimed at benefiting 20 lakh more people would be inaugurated tomorrow by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
Minister for Urban Development and Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board S Suresh Kumar told reporters here that the Rs 1,740 crore project with financial assistance of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has been completed in 32 months.
Officials said it would give much needed relief to the outer areas of the city. They said it would directly benefit Yelahanka, Byatarayanapura, KR Puram, Mahadevapura, Bommanahalli, Rajarajeshwarinagar, Dasarahalli and Kengeri city municipal corporations/town municipal corporations besides improving water supply to other parts of Bangalore.
Kumar said 300 MLD would be pumped into the city to start with. He said 89,OOO applications have been received from these areas, and of them, 10,000 water connections have been given.
As much as 935 MLD are currently supplied in Bangalore, whereas the demand is for at least 1,400 MLD. With this project, the supply would go up to 1,350 MLD, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra's sizzling chemistry in 'Baar Baar Dekho' is making us crazy!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH