7 Govt officials in Lokayukta net for assets worth Rs 7 cr
Bangalore: Seven government officials were found
to possess assets over Rs 6.86 crore, disproportionate to
their known sources of income during raids conducted by
Lokayukta at their offices and residences in various parts of
the state today.
"Raids on the residential and official premises of these
officials have revealed possession of assets and properties to
tune of Rs 6,86,51,070" Karnataka Lokayukta Santhosh Hegde
told reporters here.
Nagappa, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Chamarajnagar
who joined as Tahsildar in 1983, tops the list with possession
of assets worth Rs 1.36 crore including three sites and over
10 acres in Gulbarga district against his total income of Rs
Jayananda B Narasannavar, Motor Vehicle Inspector, RTO
office, Chikkodi who joined service in 1990, was found with
assets worth Rs 1.14 crore including two-storeyed building in
Belgaum and three sites in Bangalore as against his total
income of Rs 20 lakh,he said.
He said Srikanth R Mysore, Executive Engineer, Panchayat
Raj Engineering Division, Sagara who joined as Junior Engineer
in 1978 and was earlier involved in a misappropriation case in
Shikaripur, was found to possess assets worth Rs 1.02 crore
vis-a-vis his total annual income of Rs 51 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?