7 Govt officials in Lokayukta net for assets worth Rs 7 cr
Bangalore: Seven government officials were found
to possess assets over Rs 6.86 crore, disproportionate to
their known sources of income during raids conducted by
Lokayukta at their offices and residences in various parts of
the state today.
"Raids on the residential and official premises of these
officials have revealed possession of assets and properties to
tune of Rs 6,86,51,070" Karnataka Lokayukta Santhosh Hegde
told reporters here.
Nagappa, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Chamarajnagar
who joined as Tahsildar in 1983, tops the list with possession
of assets worth Rs 1.36 crore including three sites and over
10 acres in Gulbarga district against his total income of Rs
Jayananda B Narasannavar, Motor Vehicle Inspector, RTO
office, Chikkodi who joined service in 1990, was found with
assets worth Rs 1.14 crore including two-storeyed building in
Belgaum and three sites in Bangalore as against his total
income of Rs 20 lakh,he said.
He said Srikanth R Mysore, Executive Engineer, Panchayat
Raj Engineering Division, Sagara who joined as Junior Engineer
in 1978 and was earlier involved in a misappropriation case in
Shikaripur, was found to possess assets worth Rs 1.02 crore
vis-a-vis his total annual income of Rs 51 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors