7 Govt officials in Lokayukta net for assets worth Rs 7 cr
Bangalore: Seven government officials were found
to possess assets over Rs 6.86 crore, disproportionate to
their known sources of income during raids conducted by
Lokayukta at their offices and residences in various parts of
the state today.
"Raids on the residential and official premises of these
officials have revealed possession of assets and properties to
tune of Rs 6,86,51,070" Karnataka Lokayukta Santhosh Hegde
told reporters here.
Nagappa, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Chamarajnagar
who joined as Tahsildar in 1983, tops the list with possession
of assets worth Rs 1.36 crore including three sites and over
10 acres in Gulbarga district against his total income of Rs
Jayananda B Narasannavar, Motor Vehicle Inspector, RTO
office, Chikkodi who joined service in 1990, was found with
assets worth Rs 1.14 crore including two-storeyed building in
Belgaum and three sites in Bangalore as against his total
income of Rs 20 lakh,he said.
He said Srikanth R Mysore, Executive Engineer, Panchayat
Raj Engineering Division, Sagara who joined as Junior Engineer
in 1978 and was earlier involved in a misappropriation case in
Shikaripur, was found to possess assets worth Rs 1.02 crore
vis-a-vis his total annual income of Rs 51 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy