7 Govt officials in Lokayukta net for assets worth Rs 7 cr
Bangalore: Seven government officials were found
to possess assets over Rs 6.86 crore, disproportionate to
their known sources of income during raids conducted by
Lokayukta at their offices and residences in various parts of
the state today.
"Raids on the residential and official premises of these
officials have revealed possession of assets and properties to
tune of Rs 6,86,51,070" Karnataka Lokayukta Santhosh Hegde
told reporters here.
Nagappa, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Chamarajnagar
who joined as Tahsildar in 1983, tops the list with possession
of assets worth Rs 1.36 crore including three sites and over
10 acres in Gulbarga district against his total income of Rs
Jayananda B Narasannavar, Motor Vehicle Inspector, RTO
office, Chikkodi who joined service in 1990, was found with
assets worth Rs 1.14 crore including two-storeyed building in
Belgaum and three sites in Bangalore as against his total
income of Rs 20 lakh,he said.
He said Srikanth R Mysore, Executive Engineer, Panchayat
Raj Engineering Division, Sagara who joined as Junior Engineer
in 1978 and was earlier involved in a misappropriation case in
Shikaripur, was found to possess assets worth Rs 1.02 crore
vis-a-vis his total annual income of Rs 51 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC