AAP candidate Balakrishnan declares Rs 190 cr assets
Bangalore: Former Infosys Board Member and Aam Aadmi Party candidate for Bangalore Central Lok Sabha seat V Balakrishnan has declared his and his family`s assets at about Rs 190 crore.
Balakrishnan, who quit Infosys on December 31 and joined AAP the next day, is fielded against incumbent PC Mohan of the BJP and Youth Congress wing chief Rizwan Arshad.
In the affidavit filed along with his nomination, he has declared assets in his name to be over Rs 154 crore of which about Rs 103 crore is from his equity shares in Infosys and about Rs 5.26 crore in American Depository Receipts of Infosys Limited.
His wife Chithra Balakrishnan own assets worth of about Rs 19.34 crore.
Balakrishnan`s former colleague and co-founder of Infosys and Congress candidate from Bangalore South Nandan Nilekani along with his wife Rohini Nilekani has declared his assets worth Rs 7,700 crore.
Balakrishnan and family own residential properties in Bangalore. His wife also owns a flat in Chennai and has jewellery worth Rs 15,39,720, the affidavit filed yesterday said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed