AAP dinner collects Rs 50 lakh, Kejriwal quizzed about attack on media
Bangalore: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal faced questions about his controversial remarks on the media at the party`s Rs 20,000-per person fund-raising dinner here that yielded Rs 50 lakh.
The dinner, organised on Saturday night during Kejriwal`s two-day visit to the city to drum-up support for the nascent party, was attended by around 200 people, AAP leaders said.
The event was an initiative by a group called "Well wishers of AAP" co-ordinated by former Infosys board member and party candidate from Bangalore Central constituency V Balakrishnan with an intention to raise fund for the party in a "transparent manner".
"Around 200 people attended the dinner. We have gathered about Rs 50 lakh," C N Radhakrishnan, a member of "Well wishers of AAP" told PTI.
"A few people had pledged support to us but could not attend the event... They will be sending in their contributions soon," he added.
In what was said to be an interactive session, Kejriwal`s recent salvo against the media was a hot topic among the attendees, who quizzed the former Delhi Chief Minister over the issue.
Naina P Nayak, AAP`s candidate from Bangalore South who was part of the dinner event, said, "It was a great event, it was completely interactive session, people asked him all kind of questions and pointed out some errors too."
"People asked him about his recent comments about media. Kejriwal sought to clarify his comment and tried to make them understand what he really meant....," Nayak said without elaborating.
"His resignation as Delhi Chief Minister was another hot topic. A few had some reservations on the way he resigned," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened