AAP launched in Karnataka, to field candidates in LS polls
Bangalore: Aam Aadami Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday officially launched Karnataka unit of the party announcing that it would field candidates in all the 28 constituencies in the state in 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
With the launch of his party, people in Karnataka and all across the country will have an alternative choice, which was good for the country`s future, Kejriwal told reporters after the launch.
"People had no options but to either vote for Congress and BJP. People here are unhappy with these parties because they are corrupt," he said.
Reacting to a query on November Assembly elections in Delhi, Kejriwal said there was a lot of infighting in BJP and it was needless for the AAP to make any strenuous efforts to defeat it.
"AAP will not only cut the votes of BJP but also the Congress and the BSP and form the government in Delhi."
He also flayed controversial remarks made by some Congress leaders on meals available for Rs 5 and alleged that it was their ploy to exaggerate above poverty line figures.
Kejriwal said it is unfortunate that the ruling class was poking fun at the plight of the poor people by saying that a plate of meals will be bought for Rs 5.
Asked about the talk about contest between Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi for Prime Minister`s post, Kejriwal said people were unhappy with both parties and don`t think they could give good future to the country.
Asked whether Modi would bring about change, Kejriwal said "people will decide."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price