Accidental firing: Ex-minister rushed to Bangalore
Bangalore: Former Karnataka minister CC Patil has been rushed to a private hospital here from Belgaum for further treatment of bullet injuries he suffered in an accidental gunfire recently.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Saturday visited the Manipal Hospital where Patil was shifted from KLES Hospital at Belgaum where he was undergoing treatment since March 18.
Speaking to reporters after visiting Patil, Shettar said the doctors told him that the former minister was recovering well. "I also pray to Almighty that he recovers soon and is back to normal work," he said.
55-year-old Patil, a loyalist of Karnataka Janata Paksha president and former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, was wounded after his gunman opened fire accidentally in a melee when he was at a village in Gadag district to attend a function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam