Accidental firing: Ex-minister rushed to Bangalore
Bangalore: Former Karnataka minister CC Patil has been rushed to a private hospital here from Belgaum for further treatment of bullet injuries he suffered in an accidental gunfire recently.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Saturday visited the Manipal Hospital where Patil was shifted from KLES Hospital at Belgaum where he was undergoing treatment since March 18.
Speaking to reporters after visiting Patil, Shettar said the doctors told him that the former minister was recovering well. "I also pray to Almighty that he recovers soon and is back to normal work," he said.
55-year-old Patil, a loyalist of Karnataka Janata Paksha president and former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, was wounded after his gunman opened fire accidentally in a melee when he was at a village in Gadag district to attend a function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future