Accidental firing: Ex-minister rushed to Bangalore
Bangalore: Former Karnataka minister CC Patil has been rushed to a private hospital here from Belgaum for further treatment of bullet injuries he suffered in an accidental gunfire recently.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Saturday visited the Manipal Hospital where Patil was shifted from KLES Hospital at Belgaum where he was undergoing treatment since March 18.
Speaking to reporters after visiting Patil, Shettar said the doctors told him that the former minister was recovering well. "I also pray to Almighty that he recovers soon and is back to normal work," he said.
55-year-old Patil, a loyalist of Karnataka Janata Paksha president and former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, was wounded after his gunman opened fire accidentally in a melee when he was at a village in Gadag district to attend a function.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview