ACP to handle rape case against French diplomat
Bangalore: The rape case against a French diplomat has been handed over to an Assistant Commissioner of Police, a day after his wife alleged she was subjected to hostile interrogation in a bid to make her withdraw the complaint against him.
The case had been handed over to Cubbon Park ACP Devaraju.
"Police felt a senior officer could handle the case appropriately," a police official told a news agency here on Saturday.
The diplomat, Pascal Mazurier, is facing charges of allegedly raping the couple`s four-year-old daughter.
In a written complaint to Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji, Mazurier`s wife Suja Jones Mazurier yesterday alleged that she was being subjected to "hostile interrogation and the police were trying to pressurise her to withdraw the complaint" against her husband.
Mazurier, Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here, was arrested on June 19 amid public outrage after Suja, a Keralite, alleged that he raped their daughter on June 13.
Suja said the investigating officer had been "biased in favour" of her husband right from the time an FIR was filed against him and sought his replacement.
Police said they were awaiting report of Mazurier`s DNA test for proceeding further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena