ACP to handle rape case against French diplomat
Bangalore: The rape case against a French diplomat has been handed over to an Assistant Commissioner of Police, a day after his wife alleged she was subjected to hostile interrogation in a bid to make her withdraw the complaint against him.
The case had been handed over to Cubbon Park ACP Devaraju.
"Police felt a senior officer could handle the case appropriately," a police official told a news agency here on Saturday.
The diplomat, Pascal Mazurier, is facing charges of allegedly raping the couple`s four-year-old daughter.
In a written complaint to Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji, Mazurier`s wife Suja Jones Mazurier yesterday alleged that she was being subjected to "hostile interrogation and the police were trying to pressurise her to withdraw the complaint" against her husband.
Mazurier, Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here, was arrested on June 19 amid public outrage after Suja, a Keralite, alleged that he raped their daughter on June 13.
Suja said the investigating officer had been "biased in favour" of her husband right from the time an FIR was filed against him and sought his replacement.
Police said they were awaiting report of Mazurier`s DNA test for proceeding further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UN chief appeals for re-launch of Syria ceasefire
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon