ACP to handle rape case against French diplomat
Bangalore: The rape case against a French diplomat has been handed over to an Assistant Commissioner of Police, a day after his wife alleged she was subjected to hostile interrogation in a bid to make her withdraw the complaint against him.
The case had been handed over to Cubbon Park ACP Devaraju.
"Police felt a senior officer could handle the case appropriately," a police official told a news agency here on Saturday.
The diplomat, Pascal Mazurier, is facing charges of allegedly raping the couple`s four-year-old daughter.
In a written complaint to Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji, Mazurier`s wife Suja Jones Mazurier yesterday alleged that she was being subjected to "hostile interrogation and the police were trying to pressurise her to withdraw the complaint" against her husband.
Mazurier, Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here, was arrested on June 19 amid public outrage after Suja, a Keralite, alleged that he raped their daughter on June 13.
Suja said the investigating officer had been "biased in favour" of her husband right from the time an FIR was filed against him and sought his replacement.
Police said they were awaiting report of Mazurier`s DNA test for proceeding further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan