Action will taken against those who assault police: Bidari
Bangalore: City Police Commissioner Shankar
Bidari Wednesday warned of stringent action against those who
either verbally or physically assault police personnel.
"We will not tolerate any person assaulting police or
verbally abusing them. It is money power and influence of
alcohol which makes people stoop to such things. Stringent
action will taken against such persons", he said at a function
He referred to an incident where a student was caught for
not wearing a helmet and speaking over his cellphone while
riding, which "was blown out of proportion" (by the media).
Only the student`s allegation that he was punched by
police was highlighted when the fact was that he had hit the
constbale who was only doing his duty, he said.
Bidari said the number of fatal accidents annually had
come down from 1,300 to 700 while the number of non fatal
accidents stood at 51,000 every year.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic & Internal
Security) Praveen Sood who was also present urged the public
to cooperate with police.
Manthan Systems, the firm which organised the function,
distributed 300 kits to the city traffic police, comprising a
jherkin, a rechargeable torch and an umbrella.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered