Action will taken against those who assault police: Bidari
Bangalore: City Police Commissioner Shankar
Bidari Wednesday warned of stringent action against those who
either verbally or physically assault police personnel.
"We will not tolerate any person assaulting police or
verbally abusing them. It is money power and influence of
alcohol which makes people stoop to such things. Stringent
action will taken against such persons", he said at a function
He referred to an incident where a student was caught for
not wearing a helmet and speaking over his cellphone while
riding, which "was blown out of proportion" (by the media).
Only the student`s allegation that he was punched by
police was highlighted when the fact was that he had hit the
constbale who was only doing his duty, he said.
Bidari said the number of fatal accidents annually had
come down from 1,300 to 700 while the number of non fatal
accidents stood at 51,000 every year.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic & Internal
Security) Praveen Sood who was also present urged the public
to cooperate with police.
Manthan Systems, the firm which organised the function,
distributed 300 kits to the city traffic police, comprising a
jherkin, a rechargeable torch and an umbrella.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what