Advani Yatra to reach Karnataka on October 30
Bangalore: The Jan Chetan Yatra of senior BJP
leader LK Advani would arrive in the party-ruled Karnataka on
It would traverse parts of the state, particularly the
coastal region, for two-days and enter the neighbouring Goa.
The yatra which would enter Karnataka from Kerala border
town of Kasargod and Advani would address a public meeting at
the National College grounds in the city, state Yatra Convenor
Naleen Kumar Kateel, MP, told reporters here.
Advani will also be addressing public meetings in
Mangalore, Uudpi, Honnavara and Ankola on October 31.
BJP National General Secretary H N Ananthkumar would
accompany Advani in the yatra.
State unit BJP General Secretary C T Ravi, evaded a direct
answer when asked whether B S Yeddyurappa, who quit as Chief
Minister on directions from the party leadership in the wake
of allegations of corruption against him, would be part of the
yatra aimed at creating awareness on curbing corruption.
"Yeddyurappa continues to be our front ranking leader in
the state", Ravi and Naleen Kumar said.
When asked about the particiaption by Ananthkumar as he
was facing allegations in HUDCO loan sanctioning scam, Ravi
said "it is only a politically motivated charge. The Centre
has not filed any FIR against him so far".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati