Advani`s tribute to Acharya
Udupi: Paying rich tributes to departed BJP
functionary V S Acharya, senior party leader L K Advani
said on Wednesday that cultured and civilised politicians like Acharya were
needed in this era of `cut-throat` and `slippery` politics.
"Cultured and civilised politicians like Acharya are
required in the era of `slippery` politics," he said at a
condolence meeting here to pay tributes to the Higher
Education Minister who passed away following a massive heart
attack in Bangalore yesterday.
Advani said Acharya was instrumental in the Jan Sangh
capturing power in the 1968 Udupi Town Municipal elections.
"Acharya was a role model for those who nursed an ambition of
becoming a political leader," he said.
Acharya`s contribution to Udupi`s development is
unparalled, Advani said. "Udupi Town Muncipality is one of the
best-run civic bodies in South India and the credit goes to
Acharya," he added.
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said there would be
no other Acharya in the state`s political future. "No other
politician of the calibre of Acharya will be born again. He
was a God to our party," he said.
Former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa remembered Acharya
as "Ajatshatru", a man having no enemies. Acharya was a
compassionate and experienced politician, Yeddyurappa said,
adding, he was a rare breed.
Yeddyurappa urged the state gopvernment to build a
memorial for the late leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video