After Rs 5 in Hyderabad, BJP to charge Rs 10 for Narendra Modi’s Bangalore rally
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: In an apparent attempt to cash in on Narendra Modi’s popularity, the Bharatiya Janata Party has decided to charge Rs 10 per person entry fee from those attending Gujarat Chief Minister’s rally here next month.
Earlier, the BJP had charged a nominal fee of Rs 5 for Modi’s rally in Hyderabad in the month of July. The entire amount collected was sent to Uttarakhand for the relief work.
However, this time the opposition party, which has a very weak base in south India, will donate the amount collected from Modi’s rally for a noble cause.
BJP leader Ananth Kumar has said the party’s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections will campaign in the state after the Dussehra festival.
Last week, after meeting Karnataka Janata Party (KJP) district leaders, former BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa on had announced that his party has unanimously decided not to merge with the BJP, but to support National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
He also extended his full support to Narendra Modi, whom he described as "a great leader".
"The KJP will face the Parliamentary Elections in 2014 as part of the NDA. We will put in our best efforts to ensure that Narendra Modi wins the election."
Yeddyurappa had to resign from the post of Karnataka Chief Minister after he was indicted in a graft case by the Lokayukta. However, he showed his willingness to return to the BJP after Narendra Modi was made its prime ministerial candidate.
In the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, the BJP had won 19 of the 28 seats with the Congress taking six and the Janata Dal-Secular six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy