Agitation seeks Prez assent to save cow bill
Hubli (K`taka): An anti-cow slaughter outfit on Tuesday said it would step up its agitation to press for the President Pratibha Patil`s assent to the cow slaughter (prevention) bill.
The convenor of Govamsha Hatye Mukta Karnataka Nirmana Sanghatanegala Okkuta` (Federation of organisations for eradicating cow slaughter) Dayanand Swami said a convention would be held here on January 17 to pressurise the President to give her assent to the Karnataka cow slaughter (prevention) bill at the earliest.
The organisation would also meet her at New Delhi in the last week of January 2011 to request her to sign the bill, he said in a statement here on Tuesday.
To create awareness about the convention, a `cow breed protection tour` would be taken out from January 1 from all districts, he said.
He alleged that lakhs of acres belonging to `Gomala and Amruit Mahal grazing fields` were encroached upon in the state and demanded that the government should take steps to protect these fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH