Agitation seeks Prez assent to save cow bill
Hubli (K`taka): An anti-cow slaughter outfit on Tuesday said it would step up its agitation to press for the President Pratibha Patil`s assent to the cow slaughter (prevention) bill.
The convenor of Govamsha Hatye Mukta Karnataka Nirmana Sanghatanegala Okkuta` (Federation of organisations for eradicating cow slaughter) Dayanand Swami said a convention would be held here on January 17 to pressurise the President to give her assent to the Karnataka cow slaughter (prevention) bill at the earliest.
The organisation would also meet her at New Delhi in the last week of January 2011 to request her to sign the bill, he said in a statement here on Tuesday.
To create awareness about the convention, a `cow breed protection tour` would be taken out from January 1 from all districts, he said.
He alleged that lakhs of acres belonging to `Gomala and Amruit Mahal grazing fields` were encroached upon in the state and demanded that the government should take steps to protect these fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!