All inspections in Carlton fire mishap over: Police
Bangalore: Various departments, including
the fire force, Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM)
and PWD, have completed inspection of Carlton Towers complex
where the recent fire mishap claimed nine lives, police said
"Inspections by various departments, including Forensic
Science Laboratory, Fire force, PWD, BESCOM, Directorate of
Electrical Installations and Health Department have been
completed," Assistant Commissioner of Police (Ulsoor) G B
Manjunath, heading the enquiry into the fire, told agency.
The ACP said all departments had been requested to
expedite their reports, which is expected in five to six days.
"We can initiate action only after we receive the reports," he
Meanwhile, many occupants of the seven-storey building,
included software firms and restaurants, have taken possession
of their spaces and started restoring systems, including power
and other utilities damaged in the February 23 fire, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed