All inspections in Carlton fire mishap over: Police
Bangalore: Various departments, including
the fire force, Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM)
and PWD, have completed inspection of Carlton Towers complex
where the recent fire mishap claimed nine lives, police said
"Inspections by various departments, including Forensic
Science Laboratory, Fire force, PWD, BESCOM, Directorate of
Electrical Installations and Health Department have been
completed," Assistant Commissioner of Police (Ulsoor) G B
Manjunath, heading the enquiry into the fire, told agency.
The ACP said all departments had been requested to
expedite their reports, which is expected in five to six days.
"We can initiate action only after we receive the reports," he
Meanwhile, many occupants of the seven-storey building,
included software firms and restaurants, have taken possession
of their spaces and started restoring systems, including power
and other utilities damaged in the February 23 fire, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!