All party `peace meet for peaceful end to Cong padayatra
Bellary: An all-party peace meeting was held
here today to ensure that no untoward incident occurs at the
culmination of the Congress party`s 320 km padayatra from
Bangalore to this city on August 9.
Speaking to reporters after interacting with leaders of
Congress, JDS and BJP, Karnataka DGP Ajaykumar Singh said
authorities concerned have been directed to take all steps to
ensure untoward incidents take place that day.
He sought cooperation of all political parties to maintain
law and order in view of Congress leaders` apprehension that
the Bellary ministers and mining barons -- K Janardhana Reddy
and his brother Karunakara Reddy - might disrupt their rally
and petitioning the Governor H R Bhardwaj seeking protection.
Singh said the district administration would regulate
display of banners and buntings in the city and other areas.
Meanwhile, Congress` `Bellary Chalo` padayatra which began
on July 25 against the BJP government`s "failure" to check
illegal mining, entered the tenth day today.
The padayatra continued to draw good support from locals,
besides Congress workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say