Alliance possible between BJP, JDS: BSY
Bangalore: Karnataka Janata Party leader BS Yeddurappa Friday charged the ruling BJP and opposition JDS with having an `overt understanding` between them for forging an alliance for the coming Assembly elections.
"Both BJP and JDS have an overt understanding between them and will forge alliance in coming election," he told reporters at the formal launch of the party`s youth wing here.
Lambasting former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda on the Cauvery issue, Yeddyurappa said the JDS supremo was "fooling" people with his dual stance on it.
"On the one hand Gowda advises Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu and on the other, launches a padayatra against release of water. He is fooling people," he said.
Yeddyurappa termed the state budget presented by Shettar as nothing but an `election manifesto` of the BJP.
"Budget presentation was an useless exercise as it cannot be implemented following the model code of conduct for urban local bodies poll. Soon after this, assembly elections will be held. Therefore, the budget presentation was a futile exercise," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees