Alliance possible between BJP, JDS: BSY
Bangalore: Karnataka Janata Party leader BS Yeddurappa Friday charged the ruling BJP and opposition JDS with having an `overt understanding` between them for forging an alliance for the coming Assembly elections.
"Both BJP and JDS have an overt understanding between them and will forge alliance in coming election," he told reporters at the formal launch of the party`s youth wing here.
Lambasting former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda on the Cauvery issue, Yeddyurappa said the JDS supremo was "fooling" people with his dual stance on it.
"On the one hand Gowda advises Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu and on the other, launches a padayatra against release of water. He is fooling people," he said.
Yeddyurappa termed the state budget presented by Shettar as nothing but an `election manifesto` of the BJP.
"Budget presentation was an useless exercise as it cannot be implemented following the model code of conduct for urban local bodies poll. Soon after this, assembly elections will be held. Therefore, the budget presentation was a futile exercise," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam