Alliance possible between BJP, JDS: BSY
Bangalore: Karnataka Janata Party leader BS Yeddurappa Friday charged the ruling BJP and opposition JDS with having an `overt understanding` between them for forging an alliance for the coming Assembly elections.
"Both BJP and JDS have an overt understanding between them and will forge alliance in coming election," he told reporters at the formal launch of the party`s youth wing here.
Lambasting former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda on the Cauvery issue, Yeddyurappa said the JDS supremo was "fooling" people with his dual stance on it.
"On the one hand Gowda advises Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu and on the other, launches a padayatra against release of water. He is fooling people," he said.
Yeddyurappa termed the state budget presented by Shettar as nothing but an `election manifesto` of the BJP.
"Budget presentation was an useless exercise as it cannot be implemented following the model code of conduct for urban local bodies poll. Soon after this, assembly elections will be held. Therefore, the budget presentation was a futile exercise," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble