Alliance possible between BJP, JDS: BSY
Bangalore: Karnataka Janata Party leader BS Yeddurappa Friday charged the ruling BJP and opposition JDS with having an `overt understanding` between them for forging an alliance for the coming Assembly elections.
"Both BJP and JDS have an overt understanding between them and will forge alliance in coming election," he told reporters at the formal launch of the party`s youth wing here.
Lambasting former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda on the Cauvery issue, Yeddyurappa said the JDS supremo was "fooling" people with his dual stance on it.
"On the one hand Gowda advises Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu and on the other, launches a padayatra against release of water. He is fooling people," he said.
Yeddyurappa termed the state budget presented by Shettar as nothing but an `election manifesto` of the BJP.
"Budget presentation was an useless exercise as it cannot be implemented following the model code of conduct for urban local bodies poll. Soon after this, assembly elections will be held. Therefore, the budget presentation was a futile exercise," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources