Alliance possible between BJP, JDS: BSY
Bangalore: Karnataka Janata Party leader BS Yeddurappa Friday charged the ruling BJP and opposition JDS with having an `overt understanding` between them for forging an alliance for the coming Assembly elections.
"Both BJP and JDS have an overt understanding between them and will forge alliance in coming election," he told reporters at the formal launch of the party`s youth wing here.
Lambasting former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda on the Cauvery issue, Yeddyurappa said the JDS supremo was "fooling" people with his dual stance on it.
"On the one hand Gowda advises Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu and on the other, launches a padayatra against release of water. He is fooling people," he said.
Yeddyurappa termed the state budget presented by Shettar as nothing but an `election manifesto` of the BJP.
"Budget presentation was an useless exercise as it cannot be implemented following the model code of conduct for urban local bodies poll. Soon after this, assembly elections will be held. Therefore, the budget presentation was a futile exercise," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway