Ananth Kumar to release Rs 1.5 crore from MPLADS
Bangalore: Lok Sabha member HN Ananth Kumar on Monday announced that he would release Rs 1.5 crore from his MPLADS (Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme) to establish Vivekananda youth centres in 150 schools and
colleges in the city.
Speaking at a function organised to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, by Ramakrishna Math here, he said the funds would be spent towards creating facilities for imparting personality development courses,
yoga, meditation and setting up libraries.
Ananth Kumar, MP from Bangalore South, said he would
persuade party MPs from the state, city MLAs and corporators
to take the fund-size to Rs five crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal