Ananth Kumar to release Rs 1.5 crore from MPLADS
Bangalore: Lok Sabha member HN Ananth Kumar on Monday announced that he would release Rs 1.5 crore from his MPLADS (Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme) to establish Vivekananda youth centres in 150 schools and
colleges in the city.
Speaking at a function organised to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, by Ramakrishna Math here, he said the funds would be spent towards creating facilities for imparting personality development courses,
yoga, meditation and setting up libraries.
Ananth Kumar, MP from Bangalore South, said he would
persuade party MPs from the state, city MLAs and corporators
to take the fund-size to Rs five crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'