Ananth Kumar to release Rs 1.5 crore from MPLADS
Bangalore: Lok Sabha member HN Ananth Kumar on Monday announced that he would release Rs 1.5 crore from his MPLADS (Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme) to establish Vivekananda youth centres in 150 schools and
colleges in the city.
Speaking at a function organised to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, by Ramakrishna Math here, he said the funds would be spent towards creating facilities for imparting personality development courses,
yoga, meditation and setting up libraries.
Ananth Kumar, MP from Bangalore South, said he would
persuade party MPs from the state, city MLAs and corporators
to take the fund-size to Rs five crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report