Angry Bangalore parents demand arrest of child`s rapists
Bangalore: Hundreds of enraged parents Friday demanded arrest of the two teachers accused of sexually assaulting a six-year-old student in a private school here.
"We want the two accused arrested and tried in a fast-track court to do justice to the child victim. Why are they (police) not acting fast? How long they want to interrogate the accused," Nandish Reddy, a parent of a ward reading in the school, told IANS here.
Though the horrifying incident occurred July 2 in the premises of Vibgyor High School, it came to light July 15 when the victim`s parents lodged a complaint with police, as the school management failed to act against the accused.
"There is an attempt to destroy evidence and hush up the crime. We suspect the school management is trying to protect the accused, as it failed to register a case when the minor told her class teacher July 9 that she was sexually abused by the sports teacher and physical instructor in a room," Reddy said.
"We will not allow the school to hold classes till the accused are arrested and police file a case against its management for criminal negligence," said Reddy, a former legislator from the opposition BJP from KR Puram in the city`s eastern suburb.
Refuting any delay in acting on the parents` complaint, a police officer said the accused were being interrogated and a special investigation team was formed to collect evidence against them.
"The investigation is on and we are waiting for the medical report of the child as part of evidence, It`s a sensitive case as the victim is just six-year-old," the officer said, wishing anonymity.
"We have not been able to seek her version about the incident as she is still recovering from the trauma," the officer said.
Meanwhile, protests continued in front of the school Friday, as hundreds of Akhila Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) activists joined the parents and sought action against the management for failing to provide safety to students.
Though the management claimed to have re-opened the school Friday, parents refused to send their wards due to protests and tense situation prevailing in the vicinity.
In a related development, lawmakers of opposition BJP staged a walkout from the state legislative assembly in the city, protesting the failure of the ruling Congress party in ensuring safety of girls and women in the city.
The agitated lawmakers also sought the resignation of Home Minister KJ George for the steady rise in crimes against women across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked