Anna fighting against Congress: Moily
Mangalore: Union Minister M Veerappa Moily
on Sunday questioned Anna Hazare`s intentions behind his one-day
sit-in at Jantar Mantar in Delhi, saying it had proved that
his fight was more against Congress than for a strong Lokpal.
"What is Anna`s intention behind going on a one-day fast
at Jantar Mantar? He should explain to the nation. It is clear
he is fighting against Congress party," he told reporters
The Union Corporate Affairs Minister`s remarks came soon
after several political parties, including BJP, the Left and
BJD shared the dais with Hazare and backed Team Anna`s key
proposals for a strong Lokpal.
Moily said his party was committed to pass the Lokpal Bill
and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was making all efforts to
expedite the process.
"In spite of this, it is difficult to understand why Anna
Hazare went on a one-day fast at Jantar Mantar," he said.
On the appointment of Lokayukta, Moily said the BJP-ruled
government in Karnataka was `aping` the Gujarat`s Narendra
Modi government which is not serious about filling the vacant
"The Gujarat government did not appoint Lokayukta for
seven years.... the same path is being followed by the state
government," he said.
Moily also said the political system in Karnataka would
collapse completely if horse trading continued in state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise