Anna fighting against Congress: Moily
Mangalore: Union Minister M Veerappa Moily
on Sunday questioned Anna Hazare`s intentions behind his one-day
sit-in at Jantar Mantar in Delhi, saying it had proved that
his fight was more against Congress than for a strong Lokpal.
"What is Anna`s intention behind going on a one-day fast
at Jantar Mantar? He should explain to the nation. It is clear
he is fighting against Congress party," he told reporters
The Union Corporate Affairs Minister`s remarks came soon
after several political parties, including BJP, the Left and
BJD shared the dais with Hazare and backed Team Anna`s key
proposals for a strong Lokpal.
Moily said his party was committed to pass the Lokpal Bill
and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was making all efforts to
expedite the process.
"In spite of this, it is difficult to understand why Anna
Hazare went on a one-day fast at Jantar Mantar," he said.
On the appointment of Lokayukta, Moily said the BJP-ruled
government in Karnataka was `aping` the Gujarat`s Narendra
Modi government which is not serious about filling the vacant
"The Gujarat government did not appoint Lokayukta for
seven years.... the same path is being followed by the state
government," he said.
Moily also said the political system in Karnataka would
collapse completely if horse trading continued in state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth