Anna Hazare a big hit on social gaming platform too
Bangalore: Anti-corruption crusader Anna
Hazare`s popularity appears to extend even into the virtual
world, going by the thousands of gamers who choose to extend
their solidarity to him through the social gaming network.
Hazare is seen wearing his trademark white shirt and Gandhi
topi in the game, `Yes Prime Minister`, launched by social
gaming website ibibo.com.
The online game, which revolves around the theme of
anti-corruption, has Hazare`s photograph superimposed on the
game, as it invites players to build a "Corruption Free
Hazare is shown sitting with placards like "Brashatacahar
ko Khatam Karo" (Eradicate Corruption) in the backdrop.
The game, which was launched on April 1 and incorporated a
section on Hazare on April 5, has since seen its number of
users jump from 50,000 to 1.5 lakh, sources at ibibo.com said.
Cashing in on the anti-corruption momentum, the social
gaming network has come up with a game that gives the player
the chance to control corruption. The game concept demands
that the player, who can play the Prime Minister, to take
control of the situation and start a massive cleaning up
In the virtual world, the common man can stand up against
scams and scandals and punish the corrupt and other powerful
wrong-doers who have been roaming scot free.
The theme of the game is to `build India` by taking control
of various ministries such as Education, Infrastructure,
National Security, Railways, Sports and Urban Development.
Players can contribute to the `development` of India by
assigning `development projects` in these departments.
However, if these projects are left unguarded, corruption
creeps in and takes over the system. This is where online
friends, come to rescue by volunteering as Vigilance
Commissioners for `your India`.
In the virtual world, an individual can have his own court
where he can even sit in judgement to punish or reward
news-making public figures. This list includes names such as
Kalmaddy, Lalit Moody, Rajah, Radiya, Yedduappa and LaLou.
The more pro-active a player is in his/her court, the more
goodwill he/she earns for his India, and proceeds to higher
levels in the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!