Anna`s strength lies in common man: Hegde
Bangalore: With some his colleagues facing
questions of probity, Team Anna member N Santosh Hegde said
on Thursday Hazare`s strength lies in the common man and not in the
"I don`t think Anna`s strength lies in core committee or
the people`s honesty in the core committee. Anna`s strength
lies in the common man`s fight against corruption...many of the
people who supported him. That`s his strength. It`s not a few
people in the core committee," he said here.
The former Supreme Court Judge also said he would not
attend the core committee meeting in Delhi on Saturday (which
is expected to discuss controversies engulfing some of Team
Anna`s key members) as he had a prior commitment in Mumbai.
But he said: "I am not out of Team Anna with a rider that
my commitment to Team Anna is in regard to a strong Lokpal
bill and fight against corruption. Beyond that I am not with
Asked what he thought about controversy surrounding
Arvind Kejriwal and Krian Bedi, he said he was watching
revelations about Swami Agnivesh in a news channel and
remarked: "It`s a nice churning and `manthan` is going on..."
To a question whether he saw attempts being made to
scuttle and discredit the Anna movement, the former Karnataka
Lokayukta said after listening Agnivesh`s conversation with
"Delhi government....looks as if a political party in power in
Delhi is also at it".
But he hastened to add that he does not blame them
because "everything should come out".
"If somebody has been trying to look into Team Anna and
disclose the irregularities, illegalities, it`s a right thing
to do. So also, the ones who are accusing (their`s should also
be looked into", Hegde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest